China approves merger of Analog Devices and Maxim Integrated

Analog Devices and Maxim Integrated Products yesterday announced that the People's Republic of China Market Regulatory Authority (SAMR) has approved the acquisition of Maxim by Analog Devices, which was announced last July.

This means that all the necessary regulatory approvals have been obtained. Analog Devices and Maxim expect the transaction to close approximately August 26, 2021, subject to the rest of the normal closing provisions.

As you know, the deal will be carried out in the form of an exchange of shares, which will allow it to be formalized as a tax-free reorganization. Following the takeover of Maxim Integrated, Analog Devices' current shareholders will own approximately 69% of the final company, with the remaining 31% held by the current shareholders of Maxim Integrated. The total deal value exceeds $ 20 billion, making it the largest in the market segment in which Analog Devices and Maxim Integrated operate. Recall that both companies specialize in the production of semiconductor products, including integrated circuits for analog, digital, and mixed-signal processing.

Post a Comment