Top 10 SSD manufacturers cut shipments by 15% in 2020

A little more than two months remain until the end of 2021, and TrendForce experts have just analyzed the situation with the supply of SSD modules in 2020. They concluded that the COVID-19 pandemic had a significant impact on the supply of these products. Affected by the disruption of production and logistics processes, which began in the second quarter, when governments around the world began to impose restrictions, in their opinion, necessary to combat the pandemic. As a result, the supply of SSDs to the channel (retail sales) amounted to 111.5 million units, which is 15% less than in 2019. As for the market leaders, the top three remained unchanged: Kingston, Adata, and Kimtigo.

Analysts say that when looking at the overall solid-state drive market, NAND flash vendors, led by Samsung, accounted for about 35% of total shipments in 2020, with solid-state drive module makers accounting for the remaining 65%. The top ten module manufacturers provide 71% of SSD shipments per channel. Their shares are shown in the press release published by TrendForce in the form of a table:

Post a Comment