TSMC's third-quarter net profit was NT$280.87 billion

Chip maker TSMC announced its third-quarter financial report today, and its net profit in the quarter increased by 80%. Although the global chip industry has slowed down due to economic headwinds, its use in data centers and electric vehicles. Advanced chip sales were strong.

According to the financial report, the consolidated revenue for the third quarter that ended September 30, 2022, was NT$613.14 billion (approximately RMB 138.57 billion), a year-on-year increase of 47.9% and a month-on-month increase of 14.8%; net profit was NT$280.87 billion (approximately RMB 138.57 billion). 63.477 billion yuan), an increase of 79.7% year-on-year and an increase of 18.5% month-on-month; diluted earnings per share were NT$10.83, an increase of 79.8% year-on-year.

TSMC's gross profit margin in the third quarter was 60.4%, its operating profit margin was 50.6%, and its net profit margin was 45.8%. In the third quarter, 5nm shipments accounted for 28% of total wafer revenue; 7nm shipments accounted for 26%. 7nm and beyond accounted for 54% of total wafer revenue.

TSMC's business has been driven by a global shortage of chips, and while the shortage has eased, analysts say the company's dominance in making some of the world's most advanced chips keeps its order book full.

Shares of TSMC have fallen nearly 36 percent this year, and its market value is now $323.7 billion. Its shares fell 0.6% today, while the Taiwan Weighted Index (.TWII) fell 2.1%.

Post a Comment